<< Back to previous page
140 parts per million
Water-soluble, ionic, bio-available
- Selenium is a natural antioxidant.
- It naturally reduces the tension of toxic metals in the body.
- Cofactor in glutathione peroxide.
- Part of glutathione peroxide.
- Part of the deiodinase enzyme that converts thyroxin (T4) to triodothytonine (T3).
- Potentiates vitamin E.
- Selenium count in the body is critical in a cancer patient; cancer patients typically reflect a low selenium count.
- Important to the pituitary gland for proper function.
- Critical for proper function of the heart muscle.
- Selenium is generally deficient in the soil of the United States.